Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On air comfort

Today was the first day that I felt a little more relaxed on the air. Between not signing on in years and the events of the last 7 days it's just been hard to even put together a thought and have it come out of the throat without choking up.

For as long as I can remember I've heard my granddaddy talk on the radio, there are pictures of me as a baby sitting in an orange chair holding the microphone, and even though I haven't heard him say it in a while in person or on the air, I can still hear his voice saying "W4MMQ" but the way he said it the "W" was drawn out a little bit so it came out like "Duuuuubleyou-4-MMQ." Today I got to hear his voice again from someone that bought a radio from him last year and it was recorded on there. I'm bad with remembering names anyway much less being extra scatterbrained this week so I apologize but I would love to know who that is and the call. All of you guys have known each other for so long and know each others voice on the air and call signs and I didn't think to write it down at the time, the mind hasn't been as quick this week. But even though I had a few tears hearing it, I also had a smile on my face, THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment