Monday, April 20, 2009

The day after

This past week was the hardest thing I've ever been through. Yesterday I told my granddaddy goodbye. I told him that I washed his truck on Saturday for him, it was pretty muddy still from going down to his last big project a new tower in Bryan county. He always hated a dirty car, we used to wash cars on Saturdays after he signed off the net in the mornings when I was younger. I also promised him I'd take care of his equipment until we found out what would become of everything. You will all be glad to know that even though the voice is silent, the station has not been.

I know the word has already started to spread about this site here, that's the good thing about the amateur community, you only have to tell something to one or two and before you can tell the third he's coming to tell you about it. I do want you all to know that this blogger account is NOT the final resting place for the site. I have also purchased the domain, www.W4MMQ.com, which currently redirects to here, but in the near future I intend on having a real website up.

The website is something I've actually thought about doing for quite some time and I'm sorry that I've waited this long to do it. I wasn't certain if granddad would use it much but I always thought it would be a great way for him to share some of his knowledge with all of us. Teaching is something that I know he enjoyed and I wish I had a fraction of his radio knowledge and knew some of the history he did and thought that if he could get it online it would be a great way to share some of that with us all.

If there are any pictures, articles, stories, etc that you have that relate to W4MMQ please get them to me as you can. We can make this a community effort between us all and hopefully do it justice.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your grandad Marc. I'm praying for you and the whole family. 73, Guy

    ReplyDelete